Looking for an experienced, motivated Maintenance Mechanic in our fast-paced industrial bakery! We make hamburger and hot dog buns for large restaurant chains. We have a dedication to quality product and excellent customer service. We are seeking an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic with Bakery experience to provide excellent, effective and timely maintenance of our industrial equipment. This person will need to work as part of a team to complete all necessary work orders in a safe and efficient manner. Problem-solving skills are necessary, as the mechanic will be expected to present potential solutions regarding how to approach challenges while maximizing the life of our equipment, minimizing downtime, and lowering maintenance costs. This position is highly mechanical in nature but does require some electrical knowledge and skills
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintain facility and equipment in a safe and operational state in order to meet daily production requirements performing activities such as:
- Trouble chute defective machinery and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lay-out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment.
- Set-up and operate machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Operate cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Strive to meet or exceed all department customer service, productivity and efficiency standards: response time after being assigned a work order, completing work orders within established time frame, minimizing repeat repairs, customer repair satisfaction, and PM schedule to downtime, then follow up on repair.
- Consistently update and/or open work orders for all maintenance problems assigned or newly discovered during each shift.
- Identify and report to Foreman any maintenance problems immediately in areas such as electricity, steam, water, hoses, hydraulics, and valve components in accordance with established policy guidelines.
- Adhere to all safety and sanitary policies, procedures and processes; ensure all plant equipment serviced is left in a sanitary and safe condition with all guards and safety devices in place and properly fastened.
- Return maintenance tools and equipment to the maintenance department in a clean and operational state.
- Contribute to the production of a consistent quality product through regular review of current facility engineering practices with the Engineering management; suggest possible improvements or updates to engineering practices.
- Facilitate open communication with fellow mechanics, supervisors and other departments to ensure that all equipment problems are handled in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of bun production, fermentation and new developments in equipment maintenance and design by attending at least one outside seminar or workshop during each review period.
- Be able to assist in bakery repairs by staying over or coming in early.
Associates degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering A minimum of 1 year experience in Industrial Mechanics At least 1 year experience in any of the following: mechanical, electrical, programmable logical controllers (plc’s) Demonstrated knowledge of any of the following: mechanical, electrical, programmable logical controllers (plc’s)
$22 – $26 / hour (depending on experience)